a plethora of creativity including planning, crafting, DIYing, food and more....a journey of the fab 4....

11.23.2010

full of thankfulness


it's almost thanksgiving and i am feeling very thankful....thankful that i am the daughter of a loving, forgiving, merciful, and grace giving Father...God....He has blessed not only me, but my family so very much and yet we so easily forget and begin to get down on ourselves about what we do not have....why?  
we are selfish, prideful, unforgiving, motivated by the things of this world...we cannot take our job title, our homes or cars, money or any other worldly possession when we die, so why do we allow the world and Satan to make us feel inferior if we do not have these things?  for me, it is because i don't spend enough time in the Word or on my knees in prayer submitting to Him and His will and letting go of me and mine!...
some verses that God ever so gently likes to remind me of....
"I am the vine, you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  John 15:5

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.  1 Timothy 6:7

Have a wonderful week and Thanksgiving with you and yours....may it be a blessed one!

heather


linking up with:

No comments: