a plethora of creativity including planning, crafting, DIYing, food and more....a journey of the fab 4....

11.17.2010

Cake Plate...getting a little too creative perhaps

I am going to say right off the bat that I think I have tried to get too creative with this project.  I love cake plates, but have never found one that I simply couldn't live without...so I thought to myself, make one.....i think that was the first mistake.  i bought a clear plate at the dollar store and went to their candle section too and found the base for my plate....well, i wanted a big M in the middle so I proceeded to find a font that I liked and printed it in a mirror image so that when I put onto the back of the plate it would be correct from the top....so that was a little too plain, so i added polka dots in black and white....here are the pics, not sure if i'm totally in love with it yet...time will tell....

top view one









bottom view










a better view from the top....









Today is Wednesday, so I am linking to these linky parties.....
whatever goes wednesday at someday crafts
make it yours day @ my backyard eden
show and tell wednesday with blue cricket design

so give some love to these blogs and mine too :) thanks for dropping by....
h

1 comment:

Jill said...

I've always wanted to make one of these, but don't know where I'd keep it! My kitchen is already so full! What kind of glue did you use? That's one of the things holding me back is that I'm not sure what to use!