a plethora of creativity including planning, crafting, DIYing, food and more....a journey of the fab 4....

9.13.2010

obsessing over gray and yellow....

i don't know about you, but recently i've become obsessed in an unhealthy kind of way to anything with the gray and yellow color scheme.  i find myself perusing fabric websites and interior design sites just to see if there is a use of these colors together....i think that i have become a little ocd about it...so much so that my hubby said last night, "heather you're gonna wear that computer out from staring at it for so long tonight..."  i think that is the first time he has ever said anything about my usage of the computer for any length of time...insert smile and laugh.  i am going to show you some of my favorite fabrics that i have found thus far...enjoy!  :)
let me know your favorite color schemes that you are obsessing over right now....
zolton wasabi from calico corner


dahlia dove from calico corner
chevron gold from premier prints
harbor court gold from tommy bahama
parasol chartreuse from calico corner
fabric grey wallpaper by romo
stockholm sun from calico corner
patina grey by r. allen
della lemon from calico corner
charcoal by waverly
suzanis gold by premier prints

smalltalk blackbird by waverly

i am going to be making a fabric covered headboard this weekend...right now i am leaning toward all gray and tufted...kinda like the pics below....mmm, i can't wait  :)

 from overstock.com




 from sarahrichardsondesign.com
 

1 comment:

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Hi! I so know what you mean about obsessing over colour schemes. I went through a black and gold phase a few years back (it sounds kinda tacky though I'm talking sophisticated-like, not trashy. I never actually incorporated it into my home though, I just liked looking at pictures - that weird?). Anyways, I love grey and yellow now too and have been comtemplating incorporating it into my guest room for ages.
Thanks for commenting about my light makeover. I would love you to send me some pics if you do something similar with your fixture.
Kristine
xxx