a plethora of creativity including planning, crafting, DIYing, food and more....a journey of the fab 4....

5.24.2011

My weekend project.....i'm in love

After painting an accent wall in my living room several months ago, I couldn't decide how to dress up the window on that same wall.  It currently has a single dark chocolate curtain that I got for like $14.o0 on clearance at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  I love it because it is lined and keeps the room dark until you are ready to have the sun shine through that window.   I wanted some type of cornice, but had no idea what style to go for since we have a very eclectic mix of modern and antique furniture in the room already.  I scoured magazine after magazine and finally found a cornice board that I used as an inspiration and jumping off point for mine.
I forgot to take before pics of what I used, but am planning to make another one so I will take before and afters and possibly a tutorial.  I haven't gotten it hung yet, but plan to do that in the next day or so, but until then.....meet my lil friend.......
I plan on taking better pictures, but wanted to get at least one pic up for you to see....

i am sharing this at the following parties.....

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating




2 comments:

René said...

Wow! I love the pop of yellow and the way you trimmed it. Great job!

Arabella said...

Looks fabulous - can't wait to see it up! Great job.